Monday, September 2, 2013

Out of the mouths of babes and blondes...

So here are a few "funny sayings" that we Laird "children" said as, well, children... :) Most of these are from when we were all very young (4,5,6 years). However, a few of them are recent... Very recent... I humbly blame it all on my blondness... Poor Rachel and Abigail have no excuses for their dumb sayings! ;)



Rachel-

After learning Psalm 23, Rachel quoted "He makes me to slide down green pastures..." 

"I wish I was big enough to retire from school!!" 

Rachel- (talking to Sarah) "Mere is a word..."
Sarah- "I know... Like 'comere'!" (come here)


Sarah-  

Mama was explaining how they were going to be fasting all day with the church... I asked "Like a hurry?" 

Mini Wheats - "Hay Bales"

Asked Mama - "Mama, does everybody have a little stupid in them?"

And a couple of recent ones.... 
"Mama, how much sugar do you put in unsweet tea?" Yes, folks, I REALLY said this... (Although  I did catch myself about halfway through!) :)  

A friend told me a story of a man that drowned in 2 feet of water...My honest first reaction was "How tall was the man??" YES!! I know!

Abigail-  

(To Sarah) "You are driving me peanuts!"  

When asked who she wanted to marry..."A MAN of course!!!" 

Abi found an tiny baby acorn outside and wanted to do an "experience" (experiment) with it! The joys of homeschooling! :) 

Rachel and Sarah commented that Abigail didn't know the value of money... Abi retorted with, "Yes I do! You take it to Wal*Mart and you spend it!!" 


BJ- 

 Goggles- "globbles"

Chickens- "Bockins"

"Will you do me a favorite? (favor)  

Told Abi (when she was sad about something), "Baby Darlin'... It's gone be okay..."

Mama told BJ that he was "sweet" for helping her... He said, "No mama... Dat's PANSY!"   

Wanted to watch "Bob the Builder in Sandwich" (Spanish)  

When he was hungry... "My tummy is giggling!"

Daddy said something about "his daughters"... BJ said "You mean...MY girls?!"

Asked Mama "How you got so old"...

When BJ woke up one morning, I kissed his cheeks and told him that he smelled good... He grinned, leaned over, and said "You wanna smell my breath?"
 

  
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh hilarious!!!! Reminds me very much of our family. I actually started a journal of "siblingisms" which has been very fun.

    The funniest, though, was probably Sarah and the sugar in the "unsweet" tea - sounds so much like me!!!! And yes, I've often wondered - Doesn't EVERYONE have a little "stupid" in them? Or perhaps "blondeness?" Or maybe "gullibility?" Because then I would feel . . . perhaps a little more normal? ;)
    ~Amanda

    "Trust in the Lord and do good, so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed." Psalm 37:3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those were actually just a measly few out of TONS that we have all crammed in a book! :)
      Ahhhh, I am SO GLAD I'm not the only one that says things like that!! haha
      ~Sarah

      Delete
  2. Loved that!!Hilarious!

    A couple of the Sarah ones I had heard already, but they are still funny!

    Loved the "Hay Bales" I have ALWAYS thought of them as that,but i never dared say it out loud because my Mom and Janell both like them, and *I* used to have to eat them, because they were better for me...not now though..YES! :)

    Also loved Abi's- You are driving me peanuts..that is priceless, I think I'll adopt that one if y'all don't mind...its much more expressive than just "nuts" :)
    And I must say I also agree with her point of view, I mean, I want to marry a man too, of course! ;)

    And yes, unless you are a genius, I think everyone has a little stupid\gullibility ....whether they admit it or not...some people DO manage to hide it better than others...like not admitting when you just got duped. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean seriously...Mini wheats?! Who names these cereals?? I could do a much better job, right? ;)
      Glad we could enhance your vocabulary to "peanuts", rather than just plain "nuts"... :) Such a boring world it would be without toddlers!
      I'm afraid we Lairds got an overdose of that "not admitting when you get duped" thing... Thorns in the flesh. Thorns in the flesh. :)
      BTW,I finally got your notebook from Camp, deary... Let me know if you want me to mail it.
      ~Sarah

      Delete